Sunday, July 22, 2007

Dinner out - 7/22/07

It is going to take me weeks to get the kids to recover when their Grammy leaves. They are having so much fun and Grammy caters to their every whim. My mom has told me that her primary goals are to have fun with them and to keep them from screaming, though not necessarily in that order. Mom assures me that this is a grandmother’s perspective and Grandma (Dave’s mom) backs up this claim.

My mom has been such a HUGE help the last 10 days that if she wanted to give the kids fudge for every meal I might be tempted to let her. She and Dave’s mom are definitely earning grandmother points for their help :-)

I hobbled out of the house on Friday night to go to dinner with Dave’s family. These people know how to pick the restaurants. Whereas I can lead you to the local Chili’s, Macaroni Grill and plenty of Mexican restaurants, they are up on multi-star restaurants such as the one on Friday night - The Oceanaire at the Galleria in Dallas. Fish is flown in everyday from everywhere – fish that you’ve never even heard of. It always intimidates me to go to places like this because I never know what to order and I’m not really excited about looking like the village idiot who only eats at Long John Silver.

The food was unbelievable and the six of us sampled each other’s dinners – all were great. Bobby and Gina (Dave’s brother and sister-in-law) go there often and have cultivated a relationship with a superb waiter who made it a wonderful dining experience! Even though my knee was ready to go home by the end of the night, getting out was exactly what the doctor ordered.

We’ve taken some cute pictures lately – I’ll post some tomorrow.

Enjoy your day!
Mary Jo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great time. It would not have been the same without you. We also enjoy the normal restaurants, especially Mexican food. This was definitely a treat for us.

Sue

kristi said...

Wow, this place sounds awesome. My hubs would love it!