Friday, July 20, 2007

Too much Diego? - 7/20/07

You can tell I’ve been around kids and Go, Diego, Go! too long. When I woke up and saw my bright red eye, the first thing that popped into my head was, “I look like the baby alligator with the injured red eye on Diego.” And how sad is it that Dave and I actually get excited when there is an episode of Diego, Dora or the Backyardigans (the only three shows the kids watch) on that we haven’t seen? Pretty funny, actually – not sad.

I got my stitches out this morning. I think I offended the doctor because I didn’t shake his hand when he came in (he always shakes hands which I think is nice – he actually makes eye contact and doesn’t talk to me like I’m an idiot – big plus for a doctor). I have pink eye and I didn’t want to risk giving it to him. I explained that to him but I still think it threw him. I seem to get pink eye, or something masquerading as pink eye, every six weeks. I do everything I'm supposed to like throwing away all my makeup and even getting a new eye mask / shade (I sleep with one to block out any and all light). I think I'm going to give up the mask for good because it seems like being locked in there every night is giving all the eye critters ample opportunity to reproduce and eat my eyeballs. Fortunately, Kyle, Grant and Dave haven't had pink eye since Kyle and Grant left day care back in April.

Grant took his first sort-of step on his own today. I can’t officially call it walking yet, but it was definitely a step.

Enjoy the day,
Mary Jo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to Carlos there is never too much Diego!! Or Thomas for that matter!
~Leslie

Anonymous said...

Glad pink eye came when we are out of state.

Our families, you know, like to share those things. LOL

Had a rough nite here in MN. more later.

jules

kristi said...

I've heard pink eye is so painful!