Friday, July 6, 2007

7/6/07

I’ve been feeling kind of emotional about the boys lately – a good kind of emotional.

Kyle has the biggest, brightest smile I’ve ever seen. His laugh is like a drug to me and I can’t get enough. To hear him chattering incessantly when he’s riding in the car is like hearing the best music; I have to control my urges to constantly look at him in the rearview mirror. He’s our clown and our little monkey.

Grant is turning in a little ham. He loves to do something cute and then look back and forth from Mommy to Daddy to get confirmation that, yep, they still think I’m cute. This is also what he does when he’s throwing a fit or shrieking – just wants to make extra sure that everyone is paying attention.

I’m not sure what it is about the last few days that I feel especially overwhelmed with love and gratitude. I’m not skipping around the house and giggling like a child with glee and happiness. I just feel quiet and thoughtful. And grateful.

Good night,
Mary Jo

No comments: