Thursday, July 26, 2007

Poor little Roo - 7/26/07

The other day I was sitting on the couch and Dave was on the floor reading a musical Pooh Bear book to the boys. Not really reading the real words (because it’s actually a sing-a-long and I try to encourage Dave to not sing) but making things up. This involved talking about all the characters on the page and what instruments they were playing.

I hear him talk about Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Ratlet. Ratlet???? I kept my mouth shut because I wanted to see just who he was talking about and I didn’t want to interrupt. So I get my hands on the book a bit later to look for the rat who had infiltrated the Pooh Bear book. Nope. No rat anywhere. He thought sweet little Roo (Kanga is the mom and Roo is the baby Kangaroo; he’s the same size as Piglet) was a RAT!

Here’s a picture of Pooh Bear, Roo, Piglet and Tigger. Does he look like a rat to you?!? My poor kids are going to think that the Hundred-Acre Wood is the home of pig-sized rats. Or maybe they are kangarats. In all seriousness, it was rather endearing and now Roo has a new name in our house.



Enjoy your day,
Mary Jo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hysterical is all I can say!


Still laughing............

Tam said...

AhHaHaHaHaHa! OMG, so funny!

Rosie said...

LOL I am with Dave.. RATLET!!!

that thing looks like a RAT pink ears and all...

Call the Exterminatorm, befire he gets into MY attic!!!