Thursday, July 19, 2007

Miscellaneous - 7/19/07

I am tired tired tired of being cooped up in the house with my knee still healing. I guess I'm more frustrated because I'm not spending the same quality and quantity of time with the boys. When I am hanging out with them it's hard for me not to get on the floor and play. And Kyle has figured out very clearly that when I am sitting on the couch with ice on my knee the chances of me getting up to put him in timeout are lower, so he's having fun calling my bluff.

Grant is going to walk any day now. He lets go of things and hovers for a few seconds and he loves holding onto hands and walking. Today he is down to just holding one hand! He may beat my theory that he's going to walk on July 29. Kyle walked when he was 14 months and 6 days old and that's how old Grant will be on 7/29. At least they'll be close so in 10 years when someone asks how old my boys were when they started walking I only need to remember one number.

Kyle is saying new words every day. My favorite thing is Waaaa-woooo? which means Where are you? If he's looking for something you better believe he walks around saying this over and over again. Yesterday when he couldn't find Grammy, he said his version of "Oh well." Too cute.

My friend, Laura, and her two girls are coming in 12 days from North Carolina! That's why I started physical therapy this week instead of waiting until next week - I want to be as healed as possible for the visit.

Enjoy your day,
Mary Jo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. You are doing remarkably well for just one week from surgery. Proud of you! It's not easy sitting and doing nothing.

Sue