Wednesday, May 30, 2007

5/30/07 - Brilliance

I realized yesterday that sometimes there are true glimmers of brilliance in this house. First, there was Grant. I've mentioned his shrieking before (ear-piercing and definitely irritating). Well, yesterday he started plugging his own ears when he was having a shriek session. Of course it made me laugh but I also thought, "Okay genius, if it's making you plug your ears, how 'bout stop doing it!?!?!"

Now for the second glimmer of genius (and this one takes place regularly which will make you wonder just who I think I am for giving Grant a hard time). Baby oatmeal flakes are as light as air. You know what happens when you blow on flour. Imagine that multiplied by two or three. In other words don't do it. And if you do it once, shouldn't you learn not to do it again? Well, I mix the flakes into Grant's baby food and at least once a day plenty of flakes get on my hand as I pour it into the bowl. And every day, for some reason, I guess I decide that I have such control that when I blow it's only going to blow the flakes that are on my hand. I'm not sure why exactly I think that the results I get today will be different from the results I've gotten EVERY DAY for the last however many months. And every day oatmeal flakes go everywhere.

Kyle is getting off scot-free this time - no glimmers of similar brilliance from him, thank goodness. Now, Katie (our shepherd mix)... well she's another story, but my hands would just get too tired to tell you any Katie stories!

Have a great day!
MJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that Grant plugs his own ears.

Hummm, can he teach Matthew next time we see you.

Speaking of, we are having withdrawl. Katie withdrawl. hee hee

We miss you guys.

sally said...

I can't tell you how much I enjoy your blog. Julie sent me pictures of the boys and I got the blog and now I am addicted and read it every day. You give me a laugh with your trials and tribulations.
Sally