Friday, May 18, 2007

End of week 4 - 5/18/07

Well, I've been home with the kids for 4 weeks now and I'd say things are going pretty well overall. I've only had 3 'resume' days. That is a day when I think, "Okay, how long will it take me to get my resume updated?" Three days out of 20 is a ratio I can live with.

Kyle and Grant have never spent so much time together and they've been negotiating their interactions and getting used to each other. Translation: Grant went after every toy Kyle was playing with and Kyle either tried to bite or hit him. Let's just say that Kyle got to know where the time-out spot is. Great news, though, is that we're now having full days where there are no attempted bites and no hitting! There's a glimmer of hope!

Grant now pulls himself up on everything, and he thinks he's rather funny when he does it. Laughter turns to screams, though, when he wants to sit back down but can't figure out how to do it.

Kyle is a hoot these days. He adds new words to his vocabulary every day. Of course, they are words that only Dave and I understand but that just makes them extra cute. Today's word was 'wall' which is just 'wah'. Which also works for water and waffle ;-)

Dave is putting up a shed in the backyard in hopes of freeing up some space in the garage. Neither Dave nor I are gifted with organizational skills and constantly fight clutter, including in the garage. He's so great with the kids and with most of the house stuff which takes up all of our time, but I love for him to have a project to work on!

Molly (yellow lab) and Katie (shepherd mix) love having us home every day. Well, mostly. I'm not sure what they would tell us if they could talk. Let's just say that Kyle loves to give the dogs hugs and so does Grant. The dogs are great with the boys, but I can almost hear Molly saying, "I just want to sleep and here come the little fuzz heads." Katie is always in the middle of everything and usually likes any and all attention.

Speaking of Katie an unfortunate thing happened yesterday afternoon. Well, it was mostly unfortunate for the poor rabbit it happened to. And for me who was very freaked out about it. And for Dave who had to clean up the aftermath. Well, and for Kyle and Grant who were going to play in the backyard but couldn't after the 'incident'. And for Katie who had to get a bath. Dave hasn't run his remote control car for the dogs to chase in awhile and Katie apparently decided that, while not as colorful as the RC car, the bunny would just have to do.

So this was my first official blog post. I have no idea what my goal is for the blog just yet. I'm thinking it will evolve into whatever it's meant to be!

No comments: