Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Nursery rhymes - 5/23/07

First, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Grant today!!!! I heard a quote yesterday about parenthood that I'm guessing every parent or anyone with kids in their lives can relate to. It was something like, "The days often pass slowly, but the years fly by." We are having his party on Saturday. He won't touch any food except baby food so I'm expecting him to not even taste his birthday cake though no doubt it will be smeared all over him!

I bought a new CDof nursery rhyme songs for us to listen to in the car and while I absolutely LOVE the Barnyard Dance song, some of the others are downright scary. What ever happened to Old McDonald. Here we are trying to surround the boys with wholesome entertainment and I hear things like...
The maid was in the garden, hanging out the clothes,
When down came a blackbird and pecked off her nose

That's from Sing a Song of Sixpence. I'll spare you all the lyrics, but it's clearly an old song against the royalty of England. You know the one - it's about the blackbirds being baked into a pie for the king. Not to mention the fact that I don't have a clue what a sixpence is.
Little Bunny Foo Foo hopping through the forest scooping up the field mice and bopping 'em on the head
Now, I already have enough trouble with Kyle whacking people (Grant) on the head - I certainly don't need to provide a soundtrack for him! I might as well just let him watch CSI!
MJ

No comments: