Monday, August 6, 2007

Happy Birthday, Kyle! 8/6/07

Kyle is 2 today!!!! Happy Birthday to my little brown clown! He gives us such joy and it's so fun to watch his personality change and mature. When I first started staying home back in April, we had a rough adjustment for the first couple of months. He could barely look at Grant and when he did, it was strictly for the purpose of making sure that his teeth would make a direct hit on Grant's arm. And 'time-out' had become Kyle's middle name. Now he's only going to time-out every two or three days. BIG progress! It's fun to see the changes, especially when the changes are improvements in behavior.

My friend, Laura, and her two girls leave tomorrow to go back to NC. I wondered if seven days was too long to have four kids (three of whom are toddlers) all together and had some concerns that some or all of us would get bored, restless, cranky or just plain tired of each other. But it has been a wonderful visit and not at all too long. I'll post more pictures tomorrow. We've gotten some really cute ones of the kiddos.

It's interesting what I've read on a few of the blogs I follow lately because they've expressed some of what I've been feeling. I started my blog to hold on to my sanity right after I left my career to stay home with the kids and it definitely helped in that regard, plus Dave's parents were out of town for three months so it was a good way to help them keep up with the kids. But now the question arises... what is my blog supposed to be now that I'm adjusting to stay-at-home mommyhood? In a word, I have no idea. I think I'll just do what I did originally - type what's on my mind and hope that it is at least mildly interesting to someone. I'm open to any suggestions!

Enjoy your day,
Mary Jo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kyle!!! Can you believe we are both big 2 year olds now??? Hmmm...I wonder how old Diego is?
Love, Carlos

Jessica said...

Well, I personally hope your blog doesn't change - at least not much. I love reading it and think you're a hoot. Plus, it's fun for me to follow two close-in-age bio sibs, as I have the same at home.

-Jess from FTC

PS - Happy Birthday, Kyle! I can't believe he's already 2!

Anonymous said...

WOW, Kyle happy birthday!!!!!!!!!

let's see, you need a blog suggestion.....hummm.......how about how much you miss Matthew and his mommy! hee hee

talk to you later.