Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My robots - 8/15/07

Okay, so how, exactly, am I supposed to promote peace and harmony in my home when these two little short people aren't as interested in peace and harmony as I am? I swear they have a strategy. They'll string together several days of getting along well (translation: not biting or hitting each other) and actually playing a little bit; I am then lulled into thinking that this is how it is going to be... My wonderful children get along great and this whole parenting thing is going to be a breeze. Some parents have kids who beat each other up and constantly harrass each other. Not me, no way, no how. Mine will be the family others envy.


Have all of you experienced parents picked yourself up off the floor yet? Go ahead - I'll wait. Okay, feel better, now?

They are both hyper-focused on each other and then I think their brains turn them to robots. MUST. HAVE. KYLE'S. TOY. The last few days have turned it up a notch - now if one of them has a toy and the other one looks with even a slight glimmer of interest, the first one screams in warning. I feel like it's some wildlife special where the alpha male barks out a warning to approaching males that hey pal this is my territory. Maybe I could film them and market it to people who don't have cable.

It's been 5 weeks from my knee surgery and I finally think I've turned a corner recovery-wise! The physical therapists at the center are adding more strength exercises to my routine which have helped immensely and I'm definitely encouraged. My general outlook definitely was in need of that.

Enjoy your day. I'm off to rouse the short people.
MJ

2 comments:

Tam said...

LOL! That was hysterical! I so had the wildlife vision in my head.

Anonymous said...

I think we would all love to be that family that everyone envies......sadly, few of us are (and we are SO NOT!)
Enjoy your animals, oops, I mean children.

Kelly