Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Superbugs - 6/5/07

I took the boys to a different mall today - much bigger than our usual two. We all liked a change of scenery. I didn't let them play in the play area but we did watch the ice skaters and the zamboni. I nixed the play area because it had some 'equipment' that has walls and too many areas where you can lose visibility of the kids (some mall's areas are much more open). When you have a 22 month old and a 12 month old that's a little nerve-wracking. Do I think they'll escape? Maybe. Do I think there's a chance that they'll get flattened by some of the older kids? Yes. Is there a possibility that Kyle might bite a strange kid when I can't see him? Yes and I definitely don't want that for several reasons. After all, there's no telling what kind of illness the kid might have. Wouldn't want my angelic little biter to get sick, now, would we?

On a good news, front... Kyle didn't try to bite or hit Grant at all today!!! Of course there's still over an hour before bed so the night is still young.

We also went to Target today so I could get some different sunscreen for the boys as well as some bug spray. It's Texas so of course the sun is blisteringas usual, but it's been very wet this year so the bugs are VERY bad. My dilemma is this... when the kids are going outside and I want to protect them from the sun and the bugs, which do I put on first and will all the ingredients play nicely together? I'm envisioning that some obscure ingredient from the bug spray and a normally harmless ingredient from the sunscreen will join together and serve as a growth hormone for the mosquito. I guess the plus side is that while I'm treating Kyle for horrible mosquito bites we can take some photos of our super-enhanced bulked up mosquitos and sell them to a tabloid or nature journal.

Yes, you can always count on me to find the bright shining side of every situation.

Enjoy your day,
Mary Jo

No comments: