Friday, June 15, 2007

I'm a mall walker - 6/15/07

The boys and I went to a new mall this morning to walk and play with our friends Julie and Matthew. After being cooped up in the house yesterday because of Grant's fever I was dressed by 8 this morning and heading out the door. I had no idea to where but I just knew we had to get out of here. Fortunately Julie happened to call me before I left so we met for a walk. It did me probably more good than it did the kids but they had fun, too. Unfortunately when I was putting the boys back in the stroller after we were done in the play area, I jacked my knee and it was questionable that I could pick them up to get them in the van. A mall play area is where I originally tore my cartilage 7 weeks ago so maybe I should get the message that I'm supposed to stay out of mall play areas.


My mom came to town to visit and the boys are very excited to see her. I love seeing the boys develop such strong relationships with my mom and Dave's parents. We were close with my Grannie growing up but she lived across the country so there wasn't a regular grandparent presence.


Dave's shed is almost done so hopefully soon we can clean out the garage and make room for more junk that we'll undoubtedly accumulate in the garage. Dave and I took a few minutes to go down the street to an empty field so he could fly his remote control plane with the new wing he just put together. I had no idea that assembling a new wing for an RC plane would be so complicated but he got it done about two o'clock this morning. Anyway, the flight was great and fun to watch. No damage to the plane or any surrounding structure!

On the homefront, we've been talking to foundation companies about getting our slab fixed. Most that we've talked to have recommended between 6 and 9 piers but the lady that's here right now actually told us that we really didn't need to do anything. I like her answer the best.

I liked the foundation guys last night also because they actually spoke to me as if I was a human with a brain instead of a mindless wife whose big strong husband makes all the decisions. The guys that fixed our air conditioner came one day when Dave wasn't here and I got all of the, "Your husband can decide if he wants to XYZ." What I wanted to say was, "Listen here, Neanderthal, I've owned this house for seven years, six of them by myself and would you believe that I, a female, was capable of making major decisions without the input of a man!" He did change his tone a little bit after I gave him a clear message that talking down to me really wasn't the best move he'd make that day.

Gotta go. My mom wants to go outside and help Dave with the shed so that means I actually have to stay in here and take care of my own kids. The nerve.

MJ


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like today was a better day for you all. Have fun with you Mom. I look forward to playing with the kids soon.

Sue

Anonymous said...

I just figured out that my comments had not been working. I usually comment each day. Perhaps I have finally figured out the proper way to do it.

Miss you all.

Sue

Anonymous said...

I had a blast this a.m.

Gosh am I pathetic, going to a mall and pushing a stroller -- wow what a life I lead. But it really helped me out today.

I am a mall walker! Your a mall walker, wouldnt ya like to be a mall walker too..?
okay I need help.

Anonymous said...

Loving all your enteries. Happy Father's Day to Dave.

Martha