Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My knee or Paris - 6/26/07

It's raining here in North Texas again. I can't remember a wetter spring / early summer but maybe that's because this is the first year I've been at home; when I was at my job it wasn't that important to me if the sun was shining or if it was raining.

I'm off to the knee doctor this afternoon because my knee is getting worse. I imagine he'll want to talk about surgery. But my big question is this... how can I be expected to leave my house when I could be sitting on the couch watching coverage of Paris Hilton??!?!? I sat with tears in my eyes this morning as I watched that poor misunderstood waif get sprung from the pokey and run into the waiting arms of her mommy. What an ordeal she's been through. She hasn't been able to go out to clubs until all hours of the night and she could hardly maintain her spray tan or eat sushi. I saw her attorney on the news last night and he says she is the sweetest, most genuine woman he's ever known, so how can I not feel sorry for her? He's only being paid about $750 an hour for every second he talks about her so there's no reason for him to lie, right? Now if he were being paid $1,250 an hour I might be a little skeptical of his claims.

On the kid front, I thought we had a problem with Grant shrieking a few weeks ago, but it's reached mammoth proportions, especially in the morning. I wish I really understood what frustrates him so much; only about 50% of the time do I realize what it is. Once again, I find myself fantasizing about using the same method I use to get the dogs to stop barking. I say, "No speak" (I could say "No Shriek" in Grant's case) and squirt them with the spray bottle of water. Don't worry, I wouldn't do this, but if it amuses me to envision it, let me have my fantasy!

Have a great day!
Mary Jo

No comments: