Friday, November 2, 2007

Cool Your Melon

The boys are napping now, and I’m sitting at the computer, alternating between staring at a blank Word document just waiting for all my brilliant thoughts and observations; and reading other blogs I like. Oh, and listening to Access Hollywood out of the corner of my ear, in hopes that I’ll get some blog fodder. But that’s just causing a headache because it hurts to roll my eyes so much. Honestly, I care about Britney as much as the next person (none) but enough about her meltdowns already.

I changed the template on my blog and renamed it “Cool Your Melon.” Makes no sense? You’re right, except that I say that expression about 12 times a day. I’m not sure how it started but it’s my generic cool your jets, calm down, keep your shorts on, knock it off expression. About half the time I add Stanley to the end, as in “Cool your melon, Stanley.” Keep in mind that my sons’ names are Kyle and Grant, my husband is Dave and my two dogs are female. The only Stanley I know is the landlord on Three’s Company and we aren’t even all that close.

So it’s random but very me. At some point I’ll add some graphics and other stuff to the blog, but now that I’ve committed to doing a blog entry every day for the month of November I won’t have any time. It’ll be a miracle if I can do a daily entry, especially with Dave and I taking a five-day vacation in two weeks, but I’ll give it a go.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Every one's name in my family is George, or Georgia... depending on their gender.

Anonymous said...

Kayla has been asking me for weeks "Why Yippee Skipee?" and I keep telling her ask Aunt Mary Jo it is one of her many phrases.

Rosie said...

I loved what Valerie Bertineli said about Briney, "Put your panties on, stop partying, and take care of your kids"...

Simple enough.......