Friday, November 23, 2007

Green beans are ready to go

I learned something today that I’ve been wondering about, especially now that Kyle is in these sizes. What is the difference between clothing sizes 24m and 2T? The word on the street (okay, Michelle’s blog) is that 24m has more room for diapers, can have a slimmer fit and is often longer. My cynical side has decided it’s all an evil strategy by the clothing manufacturers to lure us toddler-having parents into buying the 24m version, then liking it enough to buy the 2T version about 2 months later.

We’re trying to get the boys settled back in after a big week for them. They spent four days with Baba and Papa (Dave’s parents) while Dave and I had our non-honeymoon honeymoon (translation: stayed in town but didn’t have any kids!). Then they had a day and a half here at home then it was off to Grammy’s (my mom) for Thanksgiving. Now it’s back home and how-many-ways-we-can-test-mommy-and-daddy-and-see-how-far-our-silly-shenanigans-and-fake-crying-will-get-us.

Too bad they aren’t old enough to pull out the Santa threats. Though the Santa threats probably won’t work with Kyle and Grant. In another year just when threatening Santa sanctions might start to work, I’m pretty sure that the boys will say, “Santa shmanta. We have grandparents.”

It’s the Friday after Thanksgiving – not a very fun day for someone who hates shopping and would rather knock myself in the head with a can of green beans than go to a store with a bunch of angry shoppers so determined to save $5 that I might actually knock them in the head with a jar of sauerkraut (had to think of something heavier than the aforementioned can of green beans).

Did I mention that it’s freezing outside which means little to no outside play? No outside play and no outings (see the previous paragraph) will make for a lovely day. I think I’m going to go check the pantry to make sure I have a can of green beans ready in case I need to knock myself out!

2 comments:

Michelle Smiles said...

Ugh...I feel ya. Ugly here and I refuse to go near a store all weekend. I am feeling a little stir crazy and would love to get out of the house but where to go that I don't have to elbow my way through the crowds? I think I'll just fix myself a plate of leftovers and put myself into a food coma.

Anonymous said...

Where are you??? We miss you.