Monday, November 26, 2007

Crouching ambulance, howling toddler

Kyle and Grant have some of the funniest antics, many of which Dave and I are responsible for, though some I will completely deny involvement in. The two funniest ones of late are ones that make me say, “Oh geez, I can’t imagine what strangers or day care teachers will think.”

SCENARIO 1: We hear sirens

What he does: Looks at you dramatically, eyes and mouth wide open, then throws his head back, wobbles it slightly from side to side and howls like a wolf. This usually gets Grant going; he hasn’t mastered the sound but he throws his head back and shakes it from side to side. Pretty darned cute.

What a stranger thinks: Is that kid howling? At sirens? What a little nut.

How it started: Our dogs were howling at sirens one day. I love it when they do this – don’t know why – I just do. The boys looked at me nervously and to put them at ease I dramatically started howling. What really won’t help strangers’ perception is that when Dave and Grant and I are around we all start howling because we think it’s funny. Obviously we don’t care very much about what strangers think.


SCENARIO 2: Changing Kyle’s diaper

What he does: When Kyle hears the word ‘diaper’ he starts saying “No poopy” and shaking his head. He says it about 45 times throughout the process. He’s really into poopy these days. His new favorite antic is to check Baby Tad’s butt (Baby Tad is a talking frog) and say “POOPY!!!” as if he found Diego and Dora.

What a stranger thinks: Why is he repeating that he doesn't have poopy? Does he get scolded if he poops? Is he afraid of his parents? Do they whack him if he poops? Hmmm, I’d better call CPS.

How it started: Who knows. He’s two.

It’s off to the mall for a walk with Julie and Matthew this morning. Maybe I'll end up with more antics to write about!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny MaryJo. I would love to see photos of your boys & Carlos from NM! Hope you are feeling better. When mama's sick, no one is happy. Take care.
Kelly M.
Lucas Wester's Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh,meant to say I know there are no pics here for safety- I'd love to see new pics of the boys though if you have a minute. My email is
the michauds 5 @ msn.com (skip the spaces.
Take care!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey! Just checking in...haven't heard from you for so long. Hope all is okay. Emailed you the other day...keep in touch, okay?
~Leslie

Tam said...

MaryJo-I'm a little worried about you...let us know you're OK...OK?