Friday, November 9, 2007

Happy face

It's been a rough day in kid world here. The boys got up on the wrong side of their cribs and my irritability doesn't help calm the situation. I heard from the doctor that I have pneumonia and it can take between 2 to 4 weeks to clear up. It's an aspiration-type pneumonia and not an infection-type so no antibiotics unless things get worse. I can sure tell I'm on the steroids though - cranky, moody, blue. Two days of it down, five to go.

I'm going to have to force myself to go shopping this weekend since I have NO clothes that fit. Fortunately the weather has been such that I can sneak by with the sweatshirt and shorts look, but before long I will absolutely have to wear a pair of pants. Problem is, I hate to go shopping on a good day. Bigger problem is, I really hate it when I have to face how much weight I've gained over the last year. Dave and I are going on our belated honeymoon to Santa Fe next week and I supposed I'll need something to wear. I think we'll get to meet Leslie, an adoptive mom who went through her son's adoption while I was going through Kyle's. We've never even spoken on the phone, but it's amazing the kinships you can develop via email, especially when you're going through such an emotional experience as adoption.

Not sure what we'll do this weekend. My primary goal is to not let myself get any deeper in this blue mood. It's coming up on a sad anniversary for me so I think that's related to my frame of mind. I'm finding every possible thing to beat myself up over and when I find something I just add it to the snowball, and it gets momentum and then whammo. So my goal for tomorrow is to find my happy face. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are looking forward to it!!! Hope you feel better.
~Leslie

Michelle Smiles said...

I used to just go with my blue moods - especially on the weekends. I would mope and read in bed and just be a big old baby. Hard to be that indulgent with babies! Hope you are feeling better soon so your happy face isn't forced.

Rosie said...

Anniversarys can be hard.. Let the steriods do their job.. and let yourself be blue for a little while.. We all deserve a pity party now and then.. but like any party it must come to an end sooner than we may like...

Feel better!!