Sunday, November 11, 2007

No clever subject here

So yesterday I blew the do a blog entry every day for the month of November goal. If I really cared I guess I could’ve gotten up, posted something early this morning and back-dated it to yesterday, but that would’ve been just plain silly. Dave and I started to worry that we’ll have to postpone our Santa Fe trip because of me having pneumonia, but we’re not ready to throw in the towel just yet. My attitude at this moment is that I’ll be a lot better by Thursday and we’ll just adjust what we can do if we have to.

I didn’t go shopping yesterday because I was just too sweaty (thanks, steroids) and out of breath – I just couldn’t imagine walking from one end of anywhere to another. I’m going to have to go to the mall because I’ve been disappointed lately with the quality of clothes I’ve gotten from Kohl’s.

Kyle is melting down at every little thing. If you look at him wrong, if something he wanted to remain in one place moves a fraction of an inch, if you tell him to drink some milk before he shovels more food in his mouth – well, it all results in screaming and crying, sometimes real and sometimes forced. It’s kind of wearing us out but we’ve gone through little (and big) behavior phases before so this is just another one. He’s got his hands in his mouth a lot which makes us think of teething, but I could swear he had all the teeth he’s going to get for awhile. Guess I need to do some googling.

Grant’s latest thing is climbing on everything he shouldn’t. When he gets scolded, he takes his foot down and then smiles the cutest, most manipulative “now you can’t really be mad at me” smile. My response to that would be, “I’m going to be really mad when that Phonics bus you’re standing on slips out from under you and you get a black eye which I have to desperately explain to day care and anyone in public who looks at me like I’m a child abuser.”

I guess I’d better get presentable so I can go shopping. But wouldn’t it be so much better for my lungs and recovery for me to take a nap. Those who know me know which of these is going to win this battle.

1 comment: